Northern Bush Rastas Web Page
The Blackstrap Biter mountain bike race is held yearly at Blackstrap Provincial Park. To get everything
together and running without a hitch, there are a number of individuals working behind the scenes making
all the magic. Interested in racing yourself? Never fear, as almost all tasks are not performed the
"day of" the race
The NBR is a volunteer organized and run organization.
It is people like you who make it all
happen. If you're interested in participating or helping out, these are the places to start!
- Race Organizer - oversees the other race volunteers; works with landowners, ambulance & provincial
associations for safety & sanctioning; this is the most hands-on management-type position;
Anyone interested would be greatly assisted by experienced members of the executive who have run the show
in previous years.
- Day Of Event Organizer - A Great job! Take all the credit, eat lots of good food, be the "go to
person" for the day. Most important position that we have listed here! Must be filled by a non-racer.
- Food Coordinator - working with Race Organizer to determine the type and amount of food required for
race day and goodies for race pre & marking days; orders & arranges for getting food to site and handed
out to participants and volunteers
- Volunteer Coordinator - finding volunteers for race course prep & marking days, race day volunteers and
cookie baking volunteers
- Sponsor/Prize Coordinator - responsible for gathering together a group of club members who will each
visit one bike shop or other business to solicit donations or discounts on prizes/volunteer giveaways
The club executive is elected every fall by current club members at the Annual General Meeting. If you're interested in making
a difference, and have a little time to spare the experience is very rewarding. It is people like you
taking part in club leadership that keeps everything running! There are 6 main positions and 3 members
at large, with a relatively even workload distribution. In addition to the usual positions, there are
typically sub-panels formed for special circumstances to reduce the workload, on volunteers, such as
the 6 to 7 individuals behind the success of the Blackstrap Biter
- President - Chairs the club meetings and ensures everything runs as a well oiled machine for all
- Vice President - Acts as the President's proxy while the president is away, and assists in various
rolls where possible.
- Treasurer - Manages the club finances, if you've got your own bank account, you've got what it takes!
- Social Director - Organizes club functions and activities such as the Members' BBQ and Year End Trip
- Trail Coordinator - Plans maintenance of local trails, organizes manpower, and works toward future
- Communications Coordinator - Administrates the club website, and facilitates communication among club
members, the executive and local business.
- Member at Large -